Senior Marketing Strategist
- Do the right thing even when no one is looking.
- DNA that’s built on dependability.
- Deliver the most creative solutions.
- Insatiably curious and keenly intuitive.
- Possess a drive that’s always in overdrive.
- Do unto others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Senior Marketing Strategist is responsible for developing relationships and strategies for all client activities while being proactive in growing the client’s business by meeting specific objectives. Senior Marketing Strategists are the client’s trusted partner in all marketing activities. This position requires a higher level of writing skills, knowledge of all marketing mediums and tactics, and an approachable demeanor dealing with clients, team members and the public. The ideal candidate equally knows how to market their client’s business while proactively forecasting their needs and delivering the highest quality of service.
Senior Marketing Strategists develop strategic marketing plans for their clients based on industry, market and medium trends. This position excels at collaborating with other departments to create a cohesive plan utilizing agency resources to benefit the client. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the Senior Marketing Strategist is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis.
Senior Marketing Strategists oversee Marketing Coordinators and coach them to develop the skills necessary to advance to the position of Marketing Strategist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thorough understanding of VI’s proven process for developing effective marketing plans.
- Develops strategic marketing plans for clients based on knowledge and experience of client’s goals, objectives and budgets.
- Presents plans to clients in an approachable, expert manner.
- Recommends tactics to clients based on market and industry trends.
- Grows the client portfolio within the agency based on thoughtful and strategic recommendations.
- Gathers and assembles background information and analyses as needed.
- Keeps Group Account Director updated on all client activities.
- Ensures all client projects are delivered on schedule without errors or issues.
- Meets regularly with internal teams to coordinate agency efforts on behalf of assigned clients/accounts and/or to address any product or client issues.
- Facilitates team collaboration on the behalf of the client’s needs.
- Responds to client phone calls and emails in a timely manner.
- Receives client briefings. Analyzes feedback and passes relevant information and insights to the agency team.
- Effectively presents and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Provides account and/or campaign coordination of production and creative deadlines, media placements, etc., to ensure continued progress of client workflow.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments. Researches industry trends and notable events, analyzing potential impact on clients’ brand position, work and opportunities.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals and planning.
- Maintains a positive reputation of the agency with the client through proactive service, strategy recommendations and conflict resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five to seven years of experience within a marketing environment.
- Two to five years of experience within a client service or agency environment preferred.
Required Skills and Certifications:
- Digital certifications are beneficial.
- Desire to learn from experienced team members.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other agency departments to meet common goals.
- Strong time management skills needed to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and follow-through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- The discernment to decipher between a sense of urgency and an important issue.
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to work with wide variety of personalities.
- Ability to positively lead and influence those in a reporting relationship while assisting and managing their growth within the agency.
- Great presentation, analytical and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solution-focused thinking.
Apply: Please apply below. Include cover letter. Only qualified candidates should apply.
VI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.